Graduation Day is here for high schoolers and college students alike. It's a momentous occasion family and friends celebrate with the special grad in their life as they take their next steps.
This season, we've created a rad graduation gift guide filled with thoughtful ideas that graduates will actually use (unlike those cufflinks from your weird uncle in Florida). We’ve curated a list of the coolest stuff any graduate will love.
For the Adventurous Grad On the Go
Taking a year between high school and college has become more popular in recent years, with graduating seniors going to explore the world and determine a path before college. We had a few ideas of how to outfit your recent grad with some can’t-miss travel items:
- Bluetooth Speaker: Most new grads will be clamoring to get outside and explore the world after spending so much time hunkered down in the library. With the Klipsch Groove Bluetooth Speaker, they can bring along incredible audio in the palm of their hand.
- In-Ear Headphones: When on-the-go, it's still possible to enjoy theater-quality sound. With the Klipsch R6 II In-Ear Headphones, your grad can travel in comfort while listening to dynamic music and podcasts that make long train trips a breeze.
- Travel-Friendly Camera: Your grad's smartphone camera will document their travel adventures in a pinch, but nothing beats a dedicated, high-tech camera. We love the Olympus Tough TG-5 for its rugged housing that can survive a 7-foot drop, as well as its waterproof rating (up to 50 feet). It's the ideal camera for world travelers.
- TSA Pre-Check: Waiting in line at the airport is its own special brand of hell. But, with TSA Pre-Check, your grad will breeze right through. Gift them a 5-year membership and they'll never have to take off shoes, belts, laptops, or dump liquids when going through security.
For Movie Buffs and Music Fans:
High school grads maybe looking for something cool to put in their dorm room, while college grads are likely looking at furnishing their first apartment. Even if the space is small, we have some mighty suggestions that will fit into any-sized dwelling.
- Home Theater System: After commencement, your grad may want a little veg out time. With the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified speaker system, they can game, watch movies, and blast music in stunning detail.
- Powered Speakers: Audiophile grads will love the Klipsch R-51PM bookshelf speakers, a pair of powered speakers that deliver incredible sound for movies and music. They can connect a turntable, TV, or computer directly to the speakers, or use Bluetooth to sync with their mobile devices. No receiver necessary.
- Monthly Movie Pass: Movie tickets aren't cheap these days, but startups like Moviepass have transformed moviegoing into a subscription model. With the pass, grads can watch one film a day in the theater, just in time for those summer blockbusters. It's a stellar graduation gift to kick off the summer in style.
- Concert Tickets: Give the joyous gift of music with a StubHub or Ticketmaster gift card. Let your grad pick their favorite new band and go check them out.
For the (Extra) Tech-Savvy Graduate:
The graduate in your life may really be into the latest high-tech gizmos and gadgets. Send them off to the next phase of life in style!
- Bluetooth Speaker with Google Assistant: Today's voice-activated technology makes it easy to have a full-fledged conversation with an AI assistant. With The Three Heritage Wireless speaker, your grad can play their favorite music, look up sports scores, and check the weather with a simple, "Hey Google."
- Portable Photo Printer: Everybody knows time flies after graduation. Preserving the good times is key. Nothing beats a dedicated photo printer that can create glossy prints of your favorite stills. With a portable photo printer like the HP Sprocket, your grad can make their social media photos come to life.
- Smartwatch: These days, watches do far more than just tell you the time. We recommend a cutting-edge timepiece for your recent graduate like the Apple Watch Series 4 or Samsung Galaxy Watch.
- Smart Luggage: Wouldn’t it be nice if your luggage could also charge your mobile device? That is a reality, thanks to companies like Away Luggage. They carry suitcases with built-in batteries and USB ports that can charge your phone up to 5 times.
Don’t forget - you can always treat yourself to these fun gadgets as well!
Categories: Gift Guides