April 10, 2015
With the recent launch of new Klipsch Reference series speakers and headphones, we figured it would be a great time to introduce the official Klipsch cocktail that you could enjoy while savoring your delicious copper cones.
Just down the road from Klipsch HQ in Indianapolis at the Libertine Liquor Bar works our friend and bartender-extraordinaire Ryan "Puck" Puckett. We invited Puck to demo our Reference Premiere speakers and conceptualize a delicious beverage to represent our signature sound - thus creating the Copper and Black.
As you would expect with the official Klipsch cocktail, a Copper and Black is a drink with some serious attitude yet totally unpretentious. It's something you could drink all day, but something you could also sip on at the end of the night - long after the band has left the stage. (Please don't actually drink all day.)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
2 oz bourbon whiskey
¾ oz fresh lemon juice
¾ oz orgeat syrup (almond syrup)
Cocktail shaker (optional)
1. Measure and pour 2 oz of bourbon whiskey into a cocktail shaker. (We used Backbone Bourbon from Indianapolis.)
2. Add 3/4 oz of fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
3. Add 3/4 of orgeat syrup. (We had some Wilks and Wilson, another local variety.)
4. Add however much ice you would like.
5. Shake, shake, shake. (Also the title of a catchy song from our friends Bronze Radio Return.)
6. Strain into a tumbler-style glass
7. Top off with any dark beer/porter, using a spoon. (We chose Ring A Dingle from the always-awesome Sun King Brewing.)
8. Drink responsibly
Thank you to our own Michael Buratto for providing the music for the video. We are very lucky to have such a talented musician on our staff. To check out more of his music, visit www.michaelburatto.com/
Do you have your own unofficial Klipsch cocktail? Post your recipe in the comments below!