RC-42 II Center Speaker
Despite its compact size, the RC-42 II center channel speaker proudly carries on the Reference Series legacy of no-compromise audio performance. With its exceptional clarity and engaging soundstage, the RC-42 II lets you hear every word, every detail of your favorite movies.
- Smallest, most affordable Reference Series center channel
- Boasts incredible craftsmanship and performance
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Magnetically shielded drivers prevent TV interference
- Enhanced 1" titanium Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter
- Dual 4" high-output Cerametallic woofers
- Dimensions: 5.4" H x 16" W x 9.1" D
- Beautiful wood-grain vinyl cabinet
A Legend in Sound
The RC-42 II is complete with our proprietary Tractrix® Horn technology which produces a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power. Finished in a beautiful black ash woodgrain vinyl veneer, the RC-42 II is guaranteed to complement any décor.
New and Improved
Now in its fifth generation, Reference II speakers boast enhanced features, including re-engineered drivers and a new crossover system, to capture your attention and excite your emotions. In addition to the improved sound quality, the look of “big sound” has been redefined throughout the line with sophisticated cabinetry, refreshed logos and rounded feet.
Four Laws of the Klipsch Universe
Beginning in 1946, company founder, Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. Together, these four design principles—high efficiency with low distortion, controlled directivity, flat frequency response, and wide dynamic range—have and always will be the foundation for our stunningly powerful and precise sound.
- Every Reference speaker utilizes our Tractrix® Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Our light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension—trickle-down technology from our flagship Palladium Series—provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you’re in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.