INDIANAPOLIS (February 21, 2005) - Designed for consumers who expect great sound from the great outdoors, Klipsch is now shipping a new line of all-weather speakers. Consisting of the AW-400, AW-500, AW-525, AW-650, AW-500-SM and AW-800-SW, these models can be mounted almost anywhere and deliver clean, clear, dynamic Klipsch quality performances. Klipsch will have these speakers on display in booth number 100 at EHX Spring 2005.
These new all-weather products have the following improvements over their previous versions:
- 90-degree by 90-degree Tractrix® Horns allow for better outdoor coverage whether mounted in a vertical or horizontal orientation (except for the AW-800-SW)
- New C-brackets are made from sturdier, more durable heavy-gauge zinc
- New input cup design drains better than before
- A back-panel threaded insert is compatible with popular wall and ceiling brackets such as OmniMount and other brands
- New grilles are more durable and stay put even in extreme weather conditions
All of these speakers are sold in pairs, except for the exclusive AW-500-SM wide-coverage model (dual voice coil woofer and dual tweeters may be configured in either summed mono or left/right stereo) and AW-800-SW subwoofer (dual voice coils and a high-pass crossover with pass-through capability for stereo and mono configurations). U.S. MSRP pricing is as follows: AW-400 $230, AW-500 $300, AW-525 $400, AW-650 $500, AW-500-SM $350, AW-800-SW $400.